You have out of town guests visiting for the weekend and you’re looking to “up your game” for breakfast but don’t want to “fuss” over the table decorations too much or…AT ALL! Then follow my lead and get ready to host like the pros! This tablescape is a cinch to create with it’s cheery orange florals and fruits of peach and grapefruit that perform double duty as decorations and food. “But I’m not a floral designer” I can hear you murmuring from here. Look closely at the pretty rose floral centerpiece in the picture. Now…take another look. I simply took the pre-made bouquet that I bought from my local grocer and placed it atop a pretty bowl. That’s it! Simple enough???? Are you humming “You are my Sunshine” yet??? Serve up your favorite quiche (or my Sexy Eggs found here), some tasty muffins you purchased from your local bakery and a creamy cafe au lait and you’ve got yourself a great start to the weekend! (And the wow factor you were hoping to give your guests!)
What you’ll need for this look:
- Table Runner
- Coordinating Place Mats
- Cloth napkins (I used a black stripe for interest and “pop”)
- Bowl for Floral Centerpiece
- Store bought floral bouquet in coordinating color
- Hint: Maybe you want a bowl of strawberries instead of grapefruit? Then coordinate the color of your bouquet accordingly. Likewise, your placemats and napkins. Just have fun with it!
- Bud vases (these do not have to match as mine did). Use greenery in individual bud vases from the floral bouquet.
- Set each place setting with dishes from your own collection. Include a juice glass and coffee cup.
- Sugar and creamer
“You are My Sunshine” tablescape appears “designer” but not fussy. The singular bud vases with simple greenery and platter of peaches lend a more contemporary design to the table. Place the flowers (that have been hanging out in water) atop the bowl the morning of your breakfast and they will last through the afternoon without wilting.
“You are my Sunshine” Tablescape lends itself to a sophisticated ease and informality…and conversation!